d environmental damage in the run-

Eden Falling related discussions
lw789

d environmental damage in the run-

Postby lw789 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:05 am

LA PLAGNE, France - Alex Bilodeau ended his World Cup skiing career with a flourish. The Rosemere, Que., freestyler won the final race of the season by taking the dual moguls competition while his teammate Mikael Kingsbury of Deux-Montagnes, Que., came second but took his third straight World Cup title on Friday. "Its been an amazing ride," said Bilodeau. "Very emotional." The two-time Olympic champion had no chance to catch Kingsbury for the Crystal Globe as overall champion, but wanted to push his friend and rival to the limit in the last race of his career. Kingsbury got down the hill quicker, but the judges gave the gold medal to Bilodeau on execution. "I knew the grand prix was done and I couldnt go up or down," said Bilodeau. "I looked at Mikael and said Im really honoured to have my last run against the best in the world. "I said Ill just enjoy it. I decided to do a back double, which is something you dont do in duals. Its too risky. But I thought its my last race, Im going to go for it. " On the womens side, Hannah Kearney of the United States won a fourth straight Crystal Globe and the fifth of her career. Kearney defeated Canadas Chloe Dufour-Lapointe in the final. Her sister Justine Dufour-Lapointe had a shot at catching the American for the title, but crashed in the round of 16 and lost to Perrine Laffont of France. With his win, Bilodeau broke freestyle legend Jean-Luc Brassards record for World Cup podium finishes with his 48th, including 19 wins. "I never looked at the number of podiums," he said. "For me it was a day-to-day process of trying to be the best in the world. "Records are made to be broken. Im sure it wont last long. Mikael will break it in a year or two." The 26-year-old, who this year became the first freestyler to defend an Olympic gold medal, now plans to finish his accounting studies at Concordia University and enter the corporate world. Kingsbury, who has 38 World Cup podium finishes, said it was an emotional day for both skiers as they waited at the top of the final run of the season. "We did a big hug," said 21-year-old Kingsbury. "I told him it was an honour to be at his last run. "Then we both made amazing runs." While Bilodeau is bowing out, Kingsbury said his career is just getting started and he intends to try to stay on top through the next Winter Olympics in 2018 in South Korea. "Im still young and Ive got a lot to learn in the sport," he said. "Ive had an amazing career so far. "I never thought Id do as much as Ive done so far, but Ill work hard, get stronger in the gym. The best is still to come." The three Dufour-Lapointe sisters finished just behind Kearney in womens standings, with Justine second, Chloe third and Maxime fourth. Buffalo Bills Jerseys . The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. Russell Bodine Bills Jersey . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Eli ... ls-Jersey/. Switzerland faces Belgium or Kazakhstan in the quarterfinals in April. Serbia dropped into the World Group playoffs in September. A confident Chiudinelli and Lammer defeated veteran doubles player Zimonjic and young Krajinovic 7-6 (3), 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-2. Josh Allen Bills Jersey . He will play 10th-seeded Feliciano Lopez in Sundays final, after the Spanish left-hander defeated Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 7-6 (7), 6-4. Vontae Davis Bills Jersey . Not that Durant cared. The only streak he cares about is still intact.SOCHI, Russia -- An international journalism watchdog on Tuesday criticized Russian authorities for restricting news coverage of preparations for the Sochi Olympics. The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues. The report documented how Russian state-controlled media have been ignoring critical issues while few local journalists working for independent news outlets faced a campaign of smear and harassment. "Russian authorities have cracked down on journalists, rights defenders, and civil activists in a way not seen since the break-up of the Soviet Union," CPJ co-ordinator Nina Ognianova said in a statement. There was no immediate response from Russian authorities to the criticism levelled by CPJ. The Associated Press lastt year documented stories of local journalists and activists who found themselves at the front lines of a struggle to reveal corruption and environmental damage in the run-up to the games.dddddddddddd Months before the start of the games, journalists and activists were detained and some of them put on trial. Svetlana Kravchenko of the Caucasian Knot website, a prominent local journalist who has covered environmental travesties in Sochi and the heavy-handed tactics of local officials, was tried and found guilty of beating up a security guard. Rights groups including Human Right Watch called local authorities responsible for the campaign of harassment against journalists and activists. Local authorities insist that criminal prosecution against members of the public including journalists is a matter of law enforcement agencies and is in no way politicized. The Black Sea resort of Sochi will host the Winter Games Feb. 7-23. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “General Discussion”