id Bayern forward Thomas Mueller on

Eden Falling related discussions
lw789

id Bayern forward Thomas Mueller on

Postby lw789 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:12 am

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Phil Mickelson played the final 11 holes in 5 under to salvage a 2-under 69 on Thursday in the first round of the Phoenix Open.The three-time champion bogeyed his first hole — the par-4 10th — after driving left into a hospitality tent. He had a double bogey on the par-5 15th, driving left into the water and hitting his approach in the water in front of the green.I came out and I just made a bunch of dumb mistakes and Im 3 over, Mickelson said. I made a birdie on 17 and followed with one on 18, and that really turned the round back around. I ended up playing the front nine really solid with 3 under and hit a lot of good shots on some holes I made pars, as well, and feel much better.Making his 26th appearance in the event, Lefty rebounded with the birdies on Nos. 17 and 18 — hitting to 5 feet on the par-4 18th — and added birdies on Nos. 3, 8 and 9.Im in a position now if I get hot tomorrow I can get right back in it, Mickelson said. If I end up shooting 1 over, 2 over, I end up having to get a hot round just to get in the middle of the pack, so this was a big round to get it to under par.The 44-year-old Mickelson was five strokes behind clubhouse leader Ryan Palmer when play was suspended because of darkness. He tied for 24th last week in La Quinta in his first start since the Ryder Cup in September and is winless since the 2013 British Open.Mickelson won at TPC Scottsdale in 1996, 2005 and 2013. In 2013, He shot 60-65-64-67 to match the tournament record of 28-under 256.___COURSE REVIEW: Count Martin Laird among the players pleased with the changes Tom Weiskopf made last year to TPC Scottsdales Stadium Course.I think theyre fantastic, Laird said. I think the course needed it, just a little tweak. Obviously, two or three holes that have changed quite a bit, but a lot of it is little tweaks. Visually its fantastic. Every hole looks great. Change in the bunkers really made a difference. I mean, I like every single thing they did. Thats not often you hear that when guys make changes, and that said, I think it needed it. I think it came out fantastic.The Scottsdale-based Scot opened with a 66. He eagled the par-5 third hole, hitting a 266-yard shot 4 feet from the back left pin.It was kind of a perfect number for a cup 5-wood, Laird said. Thats a new green. Youve got to use the big ridge that runs across the middle. It came out just perfect. Used the slope.___RECORD CROWD: Tournament officials estimated the crowd at 118,461, shattering the Thursday mark of 88,113 set last year. The event counts cars in figuring its estimates.The par-3 16th hole will generate about $12 million in ticket revenue this week. There are 228 skyboxes on the stadium hole at close to $50,000 each and 3,500 general-admission seats.___RAINY FORECAST: Periods of rain were expected Friday, with forecasters saying a half-inch to an inch could fall. The high is expected to be 60 degrees. Morning rain was forecast Saturday with a high of 64. It is expected to 70 and mostly sunny Sunday.___DIVOTS: Canadian Graham DeLaet lives in Scottsdale. Its nice to be home and doesnt really feel like a tournament week until you get out here, DeLaet said after a 67. Sleeping in your own bed is always great. ... Daniel Berger hit a 358-yard on the 341-yard 17th, leaving a chip back to the green that he hit 3 feet to set up a birdie. He was 6 under with two holes left when play was suspended because of darkness. Dylan DeMelo Jersey . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Barclay Goodrow Jersey . The Professional Referee Organization, which manages game officials for the U.S. Soccer Federation and MLS, notified the Professional Soccer Referee Association of the lockout and said replacement officials will be used. http://www.officialsharksnhlshop.com/. -- Another baseball tradition is about to largely disappear: a manager, with a crazed look in his eyes, charging the field and getting into a face-to-face shouting match with an umpire. Brent Burns Jersey . -- Its been 21 years since Joe Gibbs Racing celebrated its only Daytona 500 victory. Logan Couture Jersey . Five straight losses (and six in the past seven) now dot the schedule – matching their longest skid of the year – after they fell again in New Jersey on Sunday night, topped 3-2 by Cory Schneider and the Devils.BERLIN -- Shinji Kagawa starred on his return for Borussia Dortmund in a 3-1 win over Freiburg, while Franck Ribery scored on his injury comeback as Bayern Munich defeated Stuttgart 2-0 in the Bundesliga on Saturday. Kagawa, back at Dortmund after an unhappy two-year spell at Manchester United, was given a heros welcome by fans who remembered his role in helping the club to successive Bundesliga titles in 2011 and 2012. The Japan midfielder had a hand in Adrian Ramos opening goal in the 34th minute, playing through Kevin Grosskreutz to cross for the Colombian striker at the post. Kagawa then scored on a counterattack in the 41st, when Henrikh Mkhitaryan let Ramos cross through for him to pick his spot with a low shot. The attacking midfielder went off to a standing ovation in the 64th. He had cramp, a "good sign" according to Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp. "Shinji was smiling the whole time, at least until he got the cramp," Dortmund midfielder Sebastian Kehl said. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang secured the result with a chip over the outrushing goalkeeper in the 78th, three minutes after he went on as a substitute. Oliver Sorg claimed Freiburgs consolation in the final minute, by which time the home side had already turned attention to Tuesdays visit of Arsenal in the Champions League. Mario Goetze got Bayern off the mark in the 27th, and Ribery marked his return from a knee problem by scoring with five minutes remaining. Borussia Moenchengladbach forward Max Kruse led his team to a deserved 4-1 win over Schalke in the late game. Kruse set Andre Hahn on his way to score with a fierce shot in the 17th, sent in a free kick for Hahn to head past Schalke goalkeeper Ralf Faehrmann in the 50th, and then scored himself in the 56th, four minutes after Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting pulled one back with a penalty. Raffael scored in the 79th and Schalke had Faehrmann to thank for a host of saves to ensure it didnt get any worse. "Well be working in the next few days, licking our wounds, and then it carries on. We want to present ourselves well at Chelsea," said Schalke coach Jens Keller, loooking ahead to Wednesdays Champions League game.dddddddddddd. Mainz won 3-1 at Hertha Berlin, Wolfsburg earned a 1-1 draw at Hoffenheim, and promoted sides Paderborn and Cologne maintained their unbeaten status with a scoreless draw. Bayern, which hosts Manchester City in the Champions League on Wednesday, was hardly threatened by Stuttgart, but was made to work hard for its second win from three Bundesliga games. "Were always happy when we win," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Xabi Alonso made his home debut since moving from Real Madrid, and it was the Spaniards free kick that led to the opening goal. Goetze stopped Antonio Ruedigers attempted clearance, cut inside Vedad Ibisevic, and shot through a host of players inside the far post. Holger Badstuber, who recently returned after missing 20 months with a knee injury and two operations, had to go off before the break with a thigh muscle problem. "Its not too serious," the Bayern defender said. Ribery made an immediate impact after going on as a substitute in the 68th. Four minutes later he set up Alonsos deflected effort off the post and Robert Lewandowski struck the post again from the rebound. Lewandowski set up Ribery to seal the result with a low shot through the Stuttgart keepers legs. "The day went well," said Bayern forward Thomas Mueller on his 25th birthday. In Berlin, Mainz forward Shinji Okazaki scored on the rebound after Hertha goalkeeper Thomas Kraft twice saved from Koo Ja-cheol in the 36th, and Sami Allagui slid in to score against his former club in the 70th. Ronny pulled one back with a penalty in the 86th, but Okazaki snuffed out any hope of a comeback with his second goal in injury time. "Were still in development and the three points are very, very important for it," said Mainz coach Kasper Hjulmand after his first Bundesliga win. With 28 goals since January 2011, Okazaki is the highest scoring Japanese player in the Bundesliga. Ivica Olics 89th-minute strike was enough for a point for Wolfsburg. Hoffenheim striker Anthony Modeste put the home side ahead in the 55th. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “General Discussion”