Key needs for the job;
- Create Particle Emitters & Sprints & Lighting for a far post-apocalyptic world environment with a very real believable style and look.
- Cooperate with Team Leads and Assistant Team Leads to create game assets as directed.
- Be team oriented, willingness to share processes and ideas with other team members.
- Ability to put in about 10 to 12+ hours a week working on project assignments.
- Requires a profit sharing payment arrangement (each assignment completed should be worth between $1,500 to $3,000 for every 100,000 units of game sales, (based on if they are for the Core Game or Expansion packs). Payments to begin late this year to early next year if our schedule holds, when the game goes into Early Access and will continue for many years as the game continues to sell.
Skills & Requirements
- No previous industry skill is required, just a deep passion in your work.
- Former professional VFX & Unity particle effects experience a plus.
- Ability to create smoke, fire and many other types of particle effects
- Software: Unity game engine and other related software.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Ability to deconstruct complex visual effects from reference and recreate them in a real-time game engine
- Highly skilled with Photoshop, Maya, and or 3DS Max
- Strong sense of lighting, color, form and motion
- Strong proficiency in technical problems solving
- Self-motivated and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Previous game production experience is a plus
- Experience with Houdini and dynamic simulations is a plus
Work task examples:
- Create stunning real-time visual effects using a mastery of high quality particle effects, textures, and shaders
- Optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms
- Collaborate with team members to share knowledge and solve cross-discipline problems
- Create and apply dynamic animation and simulation techniques to a variety of effects to simulate Natural, physical & energetic phenomenon.
Note: When applying please watch your SPAM or JUNK email box for an email reply with Razor Edge Games in the subject line.
About the Company
Razor Edge Games is a team of gamers at heart with a dedicated and deep love and passion for making games. We are a growing Indie team with members from around the world. We offer opportunities to all professionally skilled or not, giving many their first opportunity at being on a game development team.
Razor Edge Games was founded by Mike Weiser in 2014, former game designer of Fallen Heroes (PC Games 1995) & Ruinsworld (1997 Collectable Card Game). Currently working on Eden Falling a game in development for over 9 years as a table top RPG and now being ported to PC & consoles.
Our philosophy is to allow our team members to share in the rewards of successful games by profit sharing versus a traditional position based salary or freelance setup. Why get paid only once for your work when you can get paid month after month for the lifetime of the game sales.
|Special Perks||Profit Sharing|
|Work Location||Work Remotely|